Summary of Unit One - The Camera

 Assessment Criteria The student can: 

1.1 Identify and assess contexts and approaches to photography: 

I focused on composition for my photography mainly. This included looking at color, patterns and shadows. I did research into various photographers like Eggleston and Michael Freeman

2.1 Identify the characteristics of camera systems and related equipment: We looked at the exposure triangle of ISO, shutter speed and aperture (f stops). The main thing I did was used bokeh in some shots and depth of field.

2.2 Identify camera characteristics in relation to image outcomes: I used the camera to express myself in the frame within a frame task. I made sure that the shot contained two aspects so that the shot had a shot within it. Here you can click the link for the frame within a frame task: Frame within a frame

3.1 Produce photographs for a specified purpose: I completed all the tasks that were set such as lines and repetition, color, depth of field and Shutter speed. The links below for each assignment.

Lines and Repetition / Color

Depth of Field and Shutter Speed

3.2 Assess photographic activity: I completed all of the tasks set. My best work was lines and repetition. I particularly liked the spike on my bike photo and also the pot plants, as they clearly show both lines and repetition.

I could have improved on the tree shot. There was a bird enjoying the park through the trees. By waiting until the bird left, the focus would then have been just the repetition of the trees. Overall my photography has greatly improved and I really enjoyed this assignment.

You can go to this link to see all Lines and Repetition Assignment Photos
Lines and Repetition / Color

4.1 Identify and use safe working photographic practices: I used my camera strap for safety of dropping and causing damage. I also made sure that the path was clear of passers by. Oxford had very windy streets, so had to be very careful of oncoming traffic have came round corners and also had to make sure the pathways where free as not to trip.

FOR YOUR REFERENCE: Here are all the links to all the assignments

Unit 1 - Lines and Repetition / Color

Unit 1 - Depth of Field and Shutter Speed

Unit 2 - Frame within a frame / ISO and Available Light

Unit 3 - Lighting

HOME SWEET HOME

PASSION: Camera Love




Comments

Popular Posts