HOME SWEET HOME PROJECT

 

1.1 Identify a subject for a photographic project: Home Sweet Home - I focused on my Mum's house and some of the beautiful heirlooms in her house, which include her Edwardian dolls house, mirrors and frames, chinese and bronze figurines beside the fireplace with family photos, which made our house warm, cozy and inviting with a sense of free spirit. When you enter someone's you can sense the energy of a place, we had open house policy, which the environment just infused you with a sense of freedom. From the research I carried on Photographers, from Martin Parr and Clair Wilson, I found that I related more to Clair Wilson. I wanted to capture Mum's house, in it's raw state, she made our home colorful, visual and arousing one's curiosity of interest. My mum has had many lives, including dressmaking to an antique dealer, hence all the antiques. 

1.2 Carry out research for a photographic project: I researched photographers, such as Martin Parr who is a photographer, photojournalist and photobook collector. He is known for his photographic projects that take an intimate, satirical and anthropological look at aspects of modern life, in particular documenting the social classes of England. 

I also looked at Claire Wilson, who was hired by for a series of projects about Nursing Homes in the West of Ireland.  Their client wanted photographs for their website and marketing to portray actual residents and carers in the actual home. Here is an example of her work 



                                   Clair Wilson - Photographing residents and carers actual home

2.1 Identify photographic resources to complete photographic project: I used my Nikon D700 full frame camera, 28-200mm Nikon ED lens, tripod, 8gb memory card and researched different photographers above.

2.2 Produce photographic images to meet identified goals: I produced photos that tell a story, and invite your mind to curiosity, and show the actual home in it's raw state. For some of the photos I used microsoft editor to crop the photos to size for the purpose of display on my blog.

2.3 Identify presentational forms for a photographic project: I used my blog to upload the photos to for viewing.

2.4 Assess the photographic project: This project is very sentimental to me personally, which I feel give's an exact representation of my mum's house. As my mum would say, "leave everything exactly as it is"

3.1 Identify and use safe working practices in a photographic project: Some of the photographers where shot in tight angles, so I used a tripod for stability. I also had to make sure the areas where my I was standing was clear of clutter. so not to trip. There are 2 cats in the house, and had to wait for them to move out of the way, as they just love to help 😍 as you can see in one of the Edwardian pictures. I left Molly the cat there, as I felt that it made outcome more authentic.



                                                        ISO 200 F5.6 1/250 sec 38mm
                                                            Front of my mum's house

      
                                                                   
                   ISO 200 F5.6 1/250 sec 38mm                              ISO 200 F4 1/180 sec 35mm
                         
Edwardian Dolls House                                   Inside Edwardian Dolls House                                                                                  

                                                      ISO 600 F5 1/30 sec 70mm
                                                     
Family photos on mantle place

                                                          
                                                       
                                                         ISO 200 1/100 sec. f/6.7 28 mm
                                                 Fireplace with antique figurines either side

                                

ISO 200 1/100 sec. f/6.7 48 mm
                                                      


                                                         ISO 200 1/100 sec. f/6.7 28 mm
                                                     Lovely country dresser in living room


Comments

Popular Posts