CAMERA LOVE


                                           

                                               

What is my passion? I cannot give a definitive answer, when I am passionate about everything.  Passion is a very powerful force and ultimately it is the driving force for success and  happiness to live a better life. Life is better in nature.

My passion for photography started when I was knee high to a grasshopper. I saved up all my pennies to buy my first camera, a Nikon One Touch F 1:28

I took shots of everything and everyone. I later bought a Mamiya Box Camera which produced Square photos. I loved Black and White photography, landscapes and people. I learnt photography through books, bought an enlarger which I set up in my tiny bathroom. I put the enlarger on the toilet seat, the mixing trays on the floor. It was magical seeing images appear as if from thin air.

1.1 Identify a subject for a photographic Project: Camera Love.


1.2 Carry out research for a photographic project. I have over 20 cameras from collecting over the years. My second one was the Mamiya Box Camera and I now have a Nikon D700. One of my favorites is the Mamiya Super Press because it's used for journalism and you can change the backs. I have had to research the different cameras and how they worked over the years. I started to take shots in a literal way but decided to try an abstract approach and looked at the work of Nat Coulson. 

 
2.2 Identify photographic resources to complete a photographic project: I used my Nikon D700 full framer camera, with a 8gb memory card and 28-200 mm lens. I used a Kodak Gear Tripod for some of the standard shots. I also had to find appropriate settings in Teddington and Richmond Park. I also used Lightroom classic for post production. using the curvature feature.
    
2.3 Identify presentational forms for a photographic project: I was inspired by the work of Nat Coulson who creates beautiful abstract patterns from nature. I uploaded my work to the blog and displayed them. I intend to get prints done on fine art paper. 


2.4  Assess the photographic project: I found this project very revealing, and fun. It started out in a very straight and direct way. I took simple shots of the cameras on my bookcase and close-ups of individual cameras. And further experimented taking photos of the camera's in the dark using a cell phone flash, which produced some interested results, that could possibly be used for commercial photography. Then I decided to experiment and place them in nature. I laid them out on the grass and on wooden tree stumps. I then transferred the images into Lightroom Classic and made a fortuitous mistake. I clicked on the curvature tool and it totally opened up a whole new visual world to me. This lead me to experiment more with the technique and I ended up with a final set of images that are imaginative and explosive in terms of color. I am very pleased with the final outcome.


3.1. Identify and use safe working practices in a photographic project: I had to observe safe working practices such as keeping away from the edge of the lake so I did not fall in. I also had to make sure my tripod was not in the way of walkers in the park. I kept an eye on my equipment at all times. I shot during the day so that I did not endanger myself out at night. 



ISO 400 1/90 sec. f/5.6 66 mm


                                                          ISO 200 1/125 sec. f/5.6 112 mm

 
                                                        ISO 320 1/125 sec. f/8.0 200 mm
                                                        

                                                       ISO 250 1/90 sec. f/5.6 66 mm


                                                       ISO 250 1/90 sec. f/5.6 70 mm


                                                            ISO 250 1/90 sec. f/5.6 48 mm


ISO 250 1/90 sec. f/5.6 70 mm

                                                         
                                                                                                     


Camera Love 

I used a Nikon D 700 DSLR Full Frame Camera, with a 28-200mm Nikon ED Lens. For the following photo's. I used a Kodak Gear Tripod as the photo's required a slow shutter speed.

I liked the idea of a black background just showing the image of the camera, for what it is. The idea was to draw attention to the more mechanical side, adding a little artsy fartzy (pumping up the saturation, adjusting the dark and light in Lightroom Classic) to make the images pop.

These images where taken in the evening. I turned off all the lights, and used the torch on my mobile phone and directed the light onto the camera. I had to use a really slow shutter speed and high ISO

I made sure that the space I was using was clear of clutter, so I didn't trip in the dark while taking shots. 



                                                      ISO 2500 1/20 sec. f/5.6 170 mm

                                                            ISO 125 4 sec. f/5.6 85 mm



                                                          ISO 2500 20 sec. f/5.6 52 mm



ISO 125 3 sec. f/5.6 125 mm


                                           MAMIYA PRESS SUPER 23

History

The Mamiya Press is a line of medium-format rangefinder systems camera manufactured by Mamiya.  The first model was introduced in 1960, and the final model was discontinued in the 1970s.  It was targeted at the professional press photography.  The maximum image size that can be captured is 6 cm x 9 cm, but images can be taken in a number of different formats, and using several types of fil.  All of the lenses have leaf shutter, which are released on the lens itself, not through the body as is typical with most cameras. The shutter is typically triggered from one of several models of removable grips, all of which have a built-in release cable. The lenses also have flash sync terminals.




ISO 1600 1/50 sec. f/5.6 200 mm


                                                            ISO 2500 1/20 sec. f/5.6 85 mm
                                          

                                                             ISO 2500 1/20 sec. f/5.6 200 mm


                                                         ISO 2500 1/20 sec. f/5.6 200 mm


                                                          ISP 2500 1/20 sec. f/5.6 200 mm


                                                       ISO 1600 1/15 sec. f/4.8 32 mm


                                                         IS0 1600 1/15 sec. f/5.6 170 mm


                                                          IS0 1600 1/15 sec. f/5.6 170 mm
                                           

                                                       IS0 3200 1/100 sec. f/5.6 125 mm


                                                              1/15 sec. f/5.6 200 mm


                                                   ISO 3200 1/15 sec. f/5.6 200 mm


                                                                           KODAK      


                                                       ISO 1600 1/8 sec. f/5.3 90 mm


                                                           ISO 1600 1/8 sec. f/5.3 80 mm


                                                          ISO 1600 1/8 sec. f/5.3 90 mm
                                                 

                                                          ISO 1600 1/8 sec. f/5.3 90 mm





Comments

Popular Posts