SHUTTER SPEED - Unit 1 Part 4

1.1 For this assignment, Shutter Speed

2.1, 2.2   I used my Nikon D700 full frame camera, using a Nikon Ed lens of 28-200mm.

3.1, 3.2 I took these photos to show the different techniques for shutter speed. The following photos show blurred moving car, blurred motion car, along with stopping the action of a car and also a cyclist and birds in motion and stopping time .I thoroughly enjoyed this assignment and had fun, especially the panning technique. I experimented with different shutter speeds from 1/60th of a sec to 1/30th of a second and found that 1/30th and 1/40th gave the best results. Higher shutter speeds then start to get out of  focus. My favorite is the River in Walton on Thames, as I love nightlight shots. 

4.1 I used my camera strap for panning and a wall or table for this assignment to ensure that my camera was safe from falling and getting damaged.


                                            

                                            This shot was taken outside the Anglers Pub,
                                            which runs along the River in Walton on Thames.
                                            It was around 7.30pm  Friday 25th of  February.
                                            I tried different shutter speeds from 5 to 15 secs.

                                            I got this shot by keeping the shutter open long
                                            enough to let the right amount of light into my 
                                            Nikon D700 Camera. I did not have my tripod 
                                            with me so I used the table from the seating area
                                            to steady the camera using the following settings
                                            15 sec. f/7.1 28 mm ISO 400                                                                                                                                                                  


This shot was taken outside my house, using         
4 sec. f/11 28 mm. I put my camera on a post       
and kept the shutter speed open for 4 secs while   
      cars passed by to capture a trail of lights.                     
  


                                           This shot was taken on a walkway overlooking
                                           The Chertsey A316. I attempted to take streaming
                                           lights from moving cars. Unfortunately I have
                                           misplaced my tripod, so came out a bit blurry.
                                           What I thought was interesting, is on the
                                           right side of the highway looks like there are two
                                           people or ghosts attempting to cross the highway.

                                           This shot was taken at around 9.30pm using the
                                           following settings. 3 sec. f/11 200 mm ISO 400
                                                                                           
                           

                                           This shot was taken in London on a busy street
                                           with lots of passing cars. I used the panning the
                                           technique. I followed the car with my camera from
                                           left to right, so I could show the speed of a moving
                                           car.
 

                                           I had my camera on continuous shooting mode and
                                           tried various 
settings from 1/60th of a sec to 1/30 sec
                                           
I found that 1/40 of a second produced best effect.
                                           1/40 f/10 28 mm ISO 250                                                                                                                      


                                           1/40 sec. f/10 66 mm ISO 250










1/50th of a second



                                                                          1/8th second


Comments

Popular Posts